Curriculum Vitae (english)
cel +54 9 221 6083484
Project leader /Software Architect. Eletronics Engineer + 15 yrs. working in different software development projects, strong experience in web technologies, Java and Free/Libre Open Source Software (FLOSS). I enjoy exploring creativity so I do not like rutinary tasks, I love teamworking – including all the involved challenges and needed social skills – and I prefer to work in organized environment where the objectives are clear and measurable.
Main professional hits
- Tech Lead – development of educational sopaftware application web/desktop Mi Escritorio for educ.ar. Mi Escritorio is pre-installed in thousands of netbooks given to techers and pupils in Argentina (Programa Conectar Igualdad). Technical responsible of some other educ.ar projects as: misdescargas.educ.ar, www.conectate.gob.ar and School Mirror Server
- Coordination of the development team J2EE/web (14 people) to develop a new system for Integral Financial Management for Buenos Aires province (aprox. 1000 users)
- Development team leader of project Power Inspector in Siemens Argentina, a new development in C++ for remote management of power supplies in public telephony echange. The software was sold tyo Telecom Argentina (carrier) and later became a product for Siemens gmbH (Germany).
- Technical assesment for ISO 90003 certification of software development process for the company 5 de Septiembre S.A., software provider of Aguas Bonaerenses.
- Training, technological and methodological updating in software development processes and tools for IT Deparments of many companies / organizations like SADAIC, SP Seguridad Privada SA, UPCN La Plata and others.
Globant – March 2011 (up to now) – Tech Lead in educ.ar projects: Mi Escritorio, Mis Descargas, Conectate and Replicador Escolar, using Katari, SpringMVC, Hibernate, jQuery, Jetty, QTWebkit, Quartz, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB + Maven, Tomcat, Eclipse. Java Architect en Consumer Experience Studio. Previously migration of AS infrastructure of a car selling site with big traffic from proprietary platform to JBoss, using maven, urlrewrite, etc.
Business Vision – March 2009 up to now – Software Factory Manager in charge of La Plata office – July 2008 / March 2009 Java Senior Developer. Software development projects in software factory modalitya for Citibank, Cervecería Quilmes and others.
Ministry of Economy of the Buenos Aires province – January 2007 /June 2008
Project SAFIBA/Financial Management System: Development of Financial Management Integral System. Long-term project using Java/J2EE technology, web UI, to replace current de-integrated systems: budgetary, countable, treasury, purchases and suppliers for all the organisms of the province of Buenos Aires.
Development team coordinator (2 architects, 5 senior developers, 4 semi-senior developers, 3 junior developer). My tasks involved: architecture main definitions, work distribution and management in development team, development of sensible (bottleneck) software components, white-box testing, identifying and teaching of design patterns to use in the project, development agile methodologies (SCRUM master) and comunication of best/worst-practices in the team.
Applying: Java, Struts2, Spring, Hibernate, AJAX, Jasper Reports, Eclipse, GNU/Linux, Oracle DB, SCRUM.
LiberaBit (owner) – July 2004/ December 2006
* Lexmark: Intranet system for product import management. Applying: Java/JSP, Struts, Hibernate, MySQL.
* SP Seguridad Privada: Training and mentoring to the development team. Applying: Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL.
* RepsolYPF (via Weisz instruments): OPC Server (OLE for Process Control) for linking a SCADA system with controllers for fuel dispensers in Planta Ensenada. Applying: C++.
* Chaco S.A. (Bolivia): Web application for Risk-Based Inspection Control for fuel storage tanks. Applying: PHP, MySQL, MSAccess.
* Club de Programadores: Object oriented programming, design patterns, Java, PHP
* Ministry of Economy of Buenos Aires province: Introduction to PostgreSQL
* SADAIC: programming inPHP + Adodb for Informix
* UPCN La Plata: programming with Java and JSP
* Adaptation of software development processes of 5 de Septiembre S.A. , software provider for Aguas Bonaerenses S.A. to certificate quality standard ISO 90003 (2007)
* Cooperativa Telefónica de Abasto: Implantation of own independent ISP service for +2000 clients and migration of existing service – bought to other ISP.
Snoop Consulting S.R.L. May. 2003 / Jun. 2004 – Java Senior Developer
* Project Siderar: Design and development in project New Active Cicle. Migration to Java/J2EE of old productive systems for steel production in Siderar S.A.
Applying: UML, J2EE, BC4J, XDoclet, XML, Eclipse, Oracle DB.
* Ministry of Economy of Buenos Aires province: Analysis, design, development and documentation of a new system for tax fiscalization.
Applying: UML, J2EE, Struts, TopLink, Oracle DB.
Indra S.A. Software Factory – Abr. / May. 2003 – Java Semisenior developer
* Participation in development of a inventory management system.
Siemens Argentina Software Center – 1996/2002 Software Engineer
* Development projects for Siemens Germany (3 years) – Development of testing environments for public telephony exchange modules. A&D and development using C++ Builder, real-time OS, SNMP, OOP. RUP methopdology – ISO9000 compliant software development process.
* Development projects for Telefónica and Telecom in Argentina (1 year) – Development of middleware – SNMP interface – between Siemens equipment and legacy systems, to probe the telephone lines for end-user technical assistance.
* Project Power Inspector (1 year): Development of a whole new system for remote management of public telephony exchange power supplies. Analysis, design and development of the product. Development team leader.
* Mobile applications (1 year): Develpment of WAP applications. Training-on-the-job in Siemens Portugal (12 months). Marketing protoypes.
*Promotion and leveraging of Knowledge Management world-wide intranet tool “ShareNet” (knowledge & change management).
* Member of the team for technological update and training policies for the Software Center. Links with universities and training centers
1989-1996: Electronics Engineer – Universidad Nacional de La Plata
1983-1988: Electronics technician – Escuela Nacional de Educación Técnica No. 1 La Plata
Courses / seminars
- Interactive Digital TV application development using Ginga NCL (LIFIA) August 2010
- Operator GNU/Linux and basic administration – October/November 2007
- Introduction to GSM technology (Siemens) October 2001
- Design Patterns with Java (LIFIA) August 2001
- Training-on-the-job mobile Internet apps / WAP (Siemens Portugal) Juny/July 2001
- Developing software with ClearCase (Rational) May 2001
- Introduction to Intelligent Agents technology (ISISTAN) March 2001
- Introduction to Rational Rose (Baufest) Feb. 2001
- Object-oriented analysis and design with UML (CCAT) July 2000
- Introduction to Object technology (Lic. Prieto) Feb. 2000
- Programming over Windows NT (Ing. Saparrat) Nov. 1999
- Java programming language SUN SL275/SL276 (EI) June 1999
- Introduction to public telephony (Siemens) Nov. 1996
- Induction to entrepreneurship (PROLAB) July/August 2003
- Keys for the argentine entrepreneur (UADE/ITBA/UdeSA) Sept. 2002
- eCommerce in Argentina (IDEA) Abril 2001
- The power of Creativity and Innovation (Edward deBono) Agosto 2000
- Meeting management (Siemens RRHH) Oct. 1999
- Teamworking and project management (Ágora) Agosto 1999
- Spanish: native speaker
- English: read – write – conversation
- Portuguese: read – listen
- German: basic understanding
Advocation of Free/Libre Software and hacktivism:
* Non-profit association SOLAR Software Libre Argentina www.solar.org.ar
First president 2003-2005. President 2008-2010
SOLAR is a non-profit association whose objective is to promote and leverage Free/Libre Software in Argentina, due to its technical, social and politic benefits
I was invited to present our activities in several regional events in Buenos Aires, La Plata, Formosa (Argentina), in 5th. Free Software International Forum (2004 Porto Alegre, Brasil) , IV World Free Knowledge Forum (2006 Maturín, Venezuela), 1st and 2nd Free Software and Electronic Government International Congress CONSEGI 2008 and 2009 (Brasilia, Brasil)
* Coordinator of the Selection Comitee for the Internacional Conference of Libre Software CISL 2011
* Community manager of the Ginga Argentina community (middleware for digital TV in ISDB-T)
* Member of the Advisor Comitee of the Software Libre Support Program of INTI
* Member of the Directive Board ot the Morfeo Cono Sur project
* Free Software Policies Advisor for the IT Direction of the Republic of Paraguay.
* Chair of the Free Software Conference in 36 JAIIO by Argentine Society of Informatics (SADIO) – Mar del Plata 2007
* Member of the Academic Comitee of the University-Industry Conference in 38 JAIIO – Mar del Plata 2009
* Member of the Academic Comitee of the Free Software Conference in 39 JAIIO – Buenos Aires 2010
* Member of the Academic Comitee of the Free Software Conference in 41 JAIIO – La Plata 2012